DSP Full Form
DSP Full Form
What is a DSP, how to become a DSP Police, what should be done to become a DSP, you will get answers to all such questions in this post.
How to become DSP Police?
The full form of DSP is Deputy Superintendent of Police. DSP is called Vice President of Police in Hindi.
In our country India, you can take admission in most of the jobs in two ways, either by getting promoted or by passing an exam, you can become a DSP in the same police department as Inspector Promoted or by passing UPSC or State PSC exam. You can become a DSP directly.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is an organization working under the Central Government. Whose job is to recruit employees for different departments. UPSC conducts examination for India level jobs, some of which you can see the list of services below.
- Armed Forces
- Indian Civil Services
- Indian Medical Services
- Indian Engineering
- Special Class Railway Apprentices
- Economic Service
- Geo-scientist and Geologist Services
- Indian Statistical Services
For your information, we would like to tell you that to become a DSP, the pattern of both UPSC and State PSC exams is the same. But national level questions come in the UPSC exam and state level questions come in the state PSC exam. The most important thing that you have to prepare keeping in mind is that UPSC's exam is a little more difficult than the State PS's C exam.
How to become a DSP?
If you want to become a DSP, then you have to appear in the state level examination by the State Public Service Commission. If you pass this exam then you will have to go through Probationary Training before assuming charge as DSP and then you can become DSP.
Educational Qualification to become a DSP
The qualification for the post of DSP is kept graduate, while applying, it is mandatory for the candidate to pass the graduation examination, candidates in the final year of graduation can also participate in this examination, but at the time of Document Verification, the pass mark sheet will have to provide.
Age Limit to become DSP
- For General - 21 years to 30 years
- For OBC - 21 years to 33 years
Physical height and chest to become DSP
To become a DSP male candidate should have 168 cms physical height and 84 cms chest and for females 155 cms physical height. Friends, the height of the body can be different according to each state.
Exam Process to become DSP
The DSP exam is conducted by the State Public Service Commission, this exam is divided into three parts which are as follows.
- Pre Exam (Pre Exam) This is the first stage of becoming a DSP, in this exam 150 marks have been fixed under General Studies, in which the optional subject is of 300 marks.
- Main Examination: The candidate who passes the preliminary examination is given an opportunity to appear in the main examination. In this exam, Indian language 300 marks, English 300 marks, essay 200 marks, general study 300 marks, marks for optional subject are fixed in two digits under compulsory subject.
- Interview After passing the main examination, the student is provided an opportunity to participate in the interview, the interview is conducted by the commission, the interview is to be given before the committee determined by the commission, in which the mental level of the candidate is determined. If you pass it, then you are appointed to the post of DSP.
- Pre Exam
- Main Exam
DSP salary and other benefits
Talking about the salary and other facilities of DSP, then you will be surprised to know because many facilities are given to a DSP. A DSP is given a very good salary and many allowances along with the challenge and responsibility of the post to maintain law and order in his area. A DSP gets salary in the pay band 9300-34800 with grade pay 5400. Along with the salary, the DSP also gets other benefits. The benefits which are given to the DSP include the following benefits such as -
- A DSP gets an official vehicle along with the driver.
- The electricity bills of a DSP are paid by the government.
- A DSP gets high class accommodation during official visits.
- A DSP gets a security guard and domestic servants like a cook and a gardener.
- A DSP gets a telephone connection whose bill is paid by the government.
- A DSP gets residence for himself and the employees at no cost or on nominal rent.
DSP posts in ascending order
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) → Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) → Superintendent of Police (SP) → Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) → Inspector General of Police (DIGP) → Inspector General of Police (IGP) → Additional Director General of Police (ADGP) → Director General of Police (DGP) ).